VACANCY: Delivery/Collection Driver & Yard Operative, Southampton
We are looking for a Delivery/Collection Driver & Yard Operative to join our team.
Main duties will involve:
Deliveries and collections of our fence panels and chemical toilets to and from customer sites using our 3.5 Tonne vehicles or our 4×4 and also the towing of our Mobile Welfare Units.
- Loading and Unloading Chemical Toilets on and off the vehicle.
- Delivery and Collection of Chemical Toilets.
- Delivery and Collection of Mobile Welfare Units.
- To work as part of a team to install our fleet of temporary accommodation, containers, toilet blocks etc at customers sites. Including banksman duties.
- Deep cleaning both internally and externally of all units, the testing of all plumbing and electrics, all fixtures, fittings and furniture. This involves the following and completion of our maintenance check list to be submitted after each job.
- Occasional maintenance and repairs could involve preparation of fleet units for hire and fleet signage.
- Holiday cover for our Pumper Drivers which involves following a daily route driving to our customers sites, emptying individual toilets using a purpose built pumper mounted on a 3.5 or 7.5 tonne vehicle & re-charging with fresh water and chemicals.
- Working at height daily to load / unload units from the vehicle by attaching / detaching chains from the top of the unit.
- Ensure Tachograph procedures are followed and adhered to.
- Vehicle defect reports to be completed prior to each use. Ensure the vehicles are maintained and kept in a clean and working order.
- Customer site visits on request.
- Liaising with the Transport Foreman and the Operations Manager with regards to workload priorities and overtime requirements.
- Ensuring our Health & Safety systems and procedures are followed and adhered to.
- Customer and Supplier contact both in person and by telephone.
- Maintaining our housekeeping procedures by ensuring all work areas are kept in a good and tidy order and making sure all tools and equipment are stored away correctly.
- General upkeep of our yard and offices.
- Timesheets to be completed accurately on a weekly basis and handed to the Transport Foreman for approval.
- Any other adhoc duties.
- Basic 40 hours per week
- 07:30hrs – 16:00hrs
- Possible overtime and occasional weekend work
- Full uniform and PPE provided.
- Various Health & Safety training courses provided upon start.
- B+E or C1+E Driving Licence would be an advantage, however the successful applicant will be put through the B+E towing qualification if required.
- Formal qualifications are less important than basic general skills and a willingness to receive instruction/training.
- Successful applicant will be required to attend various courses with our training providers.
- Experience in domestic or commercial/industrial cleaning would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of mechanical and or electrical maintenance, metal work, carpentry, plumbing or painting.
- From £11.00 per hour, negotiable dependent on experience.
Closing date for applications Friday 26th March 2021.
To find out more and to apply, please click here.