VACANCY: Cleaning & Yard Operative, Southampton
We are looking for a Cleaning & Yard Operative to join our team.
Main duties will involve:
To work as part of a team to clean and maintain our fleet of temporary accommodation and chemical toilets.
Deep cleaning both internally and externally of all units, the testing of all plumbing and electrics, all fixtures, fittings and furniture, also the replenishing and recharging of the WC areas and effluent tanks. This involves the completion of our maintenance checklist to be submitted after each job.
Logistics within the yard involving the loading and unloading of fencing, furniture, materials from vehicles and workshop.
Stock deliveries to be checked off and stored in the correct place. Workshop stock levels to be maintained.
Occasional deliveries and collections of our fence panels and chemical toilets to and from customer sites using our 3.5 Tonne vehicles or our 4×4 and also the towing of our Welfare Units.
Liaising with the Operations Manager with regards to workload priorities and overtime requirements.
Ensuring our Health & Safety systems and procedures are followed and adhered to.
Maintaining our housekeeping procedures by ensuring all work areas are kept in a good and tidy order and making sure all tools and equipment are stored away correctly.
General upkeep of our yards, workshops and offices.
Timesheets to be completed accurately on a weekly basis and handed to the Operations Manager for approval.
Any other ad hoc duties.
- Basic 40 hours per week.
- 07:30hrs – 16:00hrs.
- Possible overtime and occasional weekend work.
- Full uniform and PPE provided.
- Various Health & Safety training courses provided upon start.
- possibility for progression within the company for the right candidate.
- Formal qualifications are less important than basic general skills and a willingness to receive instruction/training.
- Experience in domestic or commercial/industrial cleaning would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of mechanical and or electrical maintenance, metal work, carpentry, plumbing or painting.
- From £10.00 per hour, negotiable dependent on experience.
Closing date for applications Friday 12th February 2021.
To find out more and to apply, please click here.